VisitLolland-Falster

Sædinge Kirke

Previously called "The Church Along The Beach", when the inlet stretched out to the church.

It is constructed with red monk bricks.

Part of chalk paintings from 1300-1480 is still available.

Beside the chancel, closer to the dike, there has been a spring. Around 1636, the churchyard was a market. The tombstones are reinforced with iron bars to protect them against the animals.

Sædinge Church was first constructed around 1250.